Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:43:46 +0200

Tim X wrote:
To some extent, rightly or wrongly, I have the attitude,
step up or shut up.

Sometimes I think so too, but othertimes I realize that the person complaining can't step up.

There might be lack of time. For example if I want to contribute to Emacs I can't contribute to other pieces too, but I still think that my view can be worth considering for example if I test GNU/Linux (or any other free software). I do express my view about other freesoftware now and then. I do not demand any action, I just tell what I think could be improved and why.

There may of course also be lack of knowledge of how to improve the software. You might for example be a usability expert without any knowledge of how to write software.