RE: Custom backspace delete in mini-buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Custom backspace delete in mini-buffer
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:33:56 -0700

> It works fine, but there is a problem. When I am in i-search
> mode, pressing backspace deletes the last character in the
> window, not in the i-search mini-buffer.
>
> I do not know much about elisp. The function above I just
> "stole" together. What can I do?

I don't have time to look at this now - hopefully someone else will help you.

But here's one piece of info that might help a little: isearch does not use the
minibuffer (for normal searching); it uses the echo area. It reads your input
events without using the minibuffer, and it echoes your keys to the echo area in
an incremental way.