Getting the TAB key for filename completion

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Getting the TAB key for filename completion
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:07:55 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed hippie-expand inside my Emacs.  Specifically I have

installed the following command:

(fset 'my-complete-file (make-hippie-expand-function

                         '(try-complete-file-name-partially

                           try-complete-file-name)))

My trouble is that I cannot bind this command to the TAB key when you

enter the command M-x compile RET.  Could someone please advise me how

to get file name completion with the TAB key online?