Re: Left-click in dired splits window

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Left-click in dired splits window
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:40:35 +0200

    Arne> Whenever I left-click in dired to visit a window, my current window is
    Arne> split horizontally. This also happens when I open files via
    Arne> emacsclient. How can I disable this behavior?

    Arne> Arne

Hi Arne :-)

Checking with "C-h k <left-mouse-klick>" what left clicking in a dired window is
bound to gives me (as relevant binding in a dired buffer)

----------------- up-event (short click) ----------------

<mouse-1> at that spot is remapped to <mouse-2>
which runs the command dired-mouse-find-file-other-window
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `dired.el'.
It is bound to <mouse-2>.
(dired-mouse-find-file-other-window EVENT)

In Dired, visit the file or directory name you click on.

So, binding it to something other than `dired-mouse-find-file-other-window'
would help.

This has been discussed a few days ago, look for "How can I make emacs open
next directory in same window?".

Hope that helps...

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www.withouthat.org/~toto/contact.html

If Michelangelo had been a heterosexual, the Sistine Chapel would
have been painted basic white and with a roller.

Rita Mae Brown