Re: Default Window Size

From: Esteban Fornal
Subject: Re: Default Window Size
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:06:40 +2000

2008/9/13 Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> is there any way to set the default window size of emacs in .emacs?
> I.e. to achieve the same effect as starting with --geometry=width x
> height? If not, is there any workaround for that, i.e., placing some
> default command line options in an environment variable?
>
> For a given window, is there any way to locally restrict the width to
> a certain value? I.e., say the window has width 200, but in a certain
> buffer I don't want to exceed the 80 signs limit.

Customize option `default-frame-alist'. See the Emacs manual, keeping in mind
that what you call "window" (a window-manager window) is called a "frame" in
Emacs.

I have:
;; Posicionamiento en inicio
(set-frame-position (selected-frame) 100 10)
(set-frame-height (selected-frame) 48)
(set-frame-width (selected-frame) 100)