Re: Remove all lines containig a keyword

From: Christian Herenz
Subject: Re: Remove all lines containig a keyword
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:47:06 +0200

Xah schrieb:
On Sep 14, 2:08 am, Christian Herenz <address@hidden>
I have a huge list of "stuff" I sell / sold.
To print out an actual list, without the stuff that is sold already, It would be
nice to have a command for doing this task automated - Remove all lines with the
keyword "sold".
Thanks for your Help,

you can just use M-x delete-matching-lines.

Note that there's also list-matching-lines.
these tips are from and more:

Thanks.. I even bookmarked your site.. But sometimes you don't know where to find something, if you need it. I use emacs now for 2 years, and still I do some things manually, where I think there is an emacs-command. But I am just a student, and maybe looking up a particular command is at first not so fast, as doing a specific task manually - and my fellow students may have changed their codes faster than me, because I still fiddle out what keys next to press... But I think there is a long-term benifit from trying to avoid the mouse while inside emacs.