Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:02:30 +0100

On 2008-09-23, Xah Lee <xah@xahlee.org> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 11:25 am, Eric S Fraga <ucec...@eeepc.chemeng.ucl.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>> On 2008-09-22,XahLee<x...@xahlee.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Erik Fragga,
>>
>> > On the subject of RSI, perhaps you should use Dvorak, and you'd be
>> > interested in my article here:
>>
>> I don't have any RSI problems due to my use of a keyboard.  If you
>> read my post, I said clearly that mouse usage is what causes me pain.
>> We are talking (I thought) about text interfaces versus GUIs.
>
> if you don't know much about keyboard and ergonomics, i recommend
> reading the few articles i've written on the issue. A partial list

Your arrogance (exacerbated and accentuated by your apparent inability
to read what others write) is quite amazing.  Depressing, actually.  I
know a great deal about both ergonomics and keyboards.  I really don't
need you to point me to what you've written given your rather narrow
view on most of these issues.

I can't resist (although I probably should :-/ ) adding that I've only
ever encountered C-n, as anything other than next-line, when using a
graphical web browser and, in those cases, it doesn't bring up a "new
document".

I'm bored with this now.  Time to get back to constructive writing
(and I do a *lot* of that with no problems at all with Emacs).

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL