Re: Emacs TTS (Was: emacs by voice)

From: Veli-Pekka Tštilš
Subject: Re: Emacs TTS (Was: emacs by voice)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:33:13 +0300

harven wrote:
> Have a look at the wiki:
Too bad Speechd-el isn't mentioned. That's what I'm using:

BTW: The Emacspeak instructions are badly out of date. I haven't heard
anyone sucfesfully using the ViaVoice TTS for LInux in quite some time: I'm
on the Orca and Speechd-el lists as well as alt.comp.blind-users. Most tend
to use eSpeak or Festival as far as the freebies go, and Dectalk or TTSynth,
the same engine as in ViaVoice and Eloquence, for commercial stuff.

With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä
Accessibility, Apps and Coding plus Synths and Music: