help-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?


From: Xah
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:46:19 -0700 (PDT)
User-agent: G2/1.0

On Sep 27, 10:28 am, Sean Sieger <address@hidden> wrote:
> Xah<address@hidden> writes:
>
>     ... gab of knowledge ...
>
> Earlier, Andreas pointed out a freudian slip---parapraxes, Freud called
> them---but this one takes the cake.
>
> By some poetic maneuver, lacuna is the word that comes to my mind, as
> in: gab of lacunae.
>
>     So, what can i do with you or you with me? For sincerity and persuit
>     of truth, i am willing to pay $50 to have this argument about
>     *scratch* fully resolved. I propose, that each of us put $50 into this
>     argument. For nothing else, it is a reasonable proof of sincerity and
>     effort to get a real quality argument going. How do we carry it out?
>     that's always been problematic... but we can start, by , i send you
>     $50 thru paypal, and you send me $50 thru paypal. I trust you, and you
>     trust me. Then we start to argue really seriously. If in the end, you
>     find that my argument is stronger, you pay me $50 back. Same me to
>     you. What do you say?

I don't know what you getting at, man.

Maybe ur trying to be poetic or allude to something, but sorry i don't
have time to dig, and consider the quality of most posts, its not
worthwhile to dig.

> I say, you can't even be expected or trusted to supply the expert
> testimony on UI standards and design you've offered in the past---and
> been taken up on!  And I ask, why ... WHY would anyone take you up on
> this bet?  I was looking forward to that very testimony ... quotes and
> so on.

Huh? Sorry but i didn't understand your English.

I started to collect user testimonial on my ergonomic keybindings
about few months ago. Here's the page:
 http://xahlee.org/emacs/ergonomic_emacs_keybinding_good.html

> After you lose the bet you'll say, ``Ah!  Moron!  Had my fingers crossed
> behind my back, didn't I?''
>
> Thanks, Xah, I'm going to start studying Elisp again.

Sure thing.

PS To some of you who posted in this thread, possibly i have replied
and you found my reply to be rude or terse. Sorry about that. There
are so many drivels in this thread, intentional or not. Since about 4
or 5 months ago i decided to take a conversational styled newsgroup
mannerism (see “How Shall I Respond”
http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/how_shall_i_respond.html
). In part, reply to most messages if not all. (see “What I've Learned
By Conversational Styled Posts”
http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/chat_style_posts.html )
So, i end up like having a lot low quality or intentional insulting
messages to reply to. In the process, perhaps some sincere ones got
misunderstood.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]