LaTeX-editing TEXTAREAs using w3m?

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: LaTeX-editing TEXTAREAs using w3m?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:56:15 +0200

Hello,

I have a web server which renders small LaTeX snippets as PDF or HTML/GIF.
The LaTeX snippets can be edited via a browser as HTML-textarea fields.
However, using standard browsers I miss the LaTeX-editing features I have
available when editing LaTeX code with Emacs.

One possible remedy would be to use w3m and switch on LaTeX mode when
editing textareas.  I have tried this, and the straightforward way did not
work (that is, the w3m information did get lost when I did M-x latex-mode).
Does anyone know if such a feature is easily possible?

Thank you very much,

Nicolas