RE: Speeding up the editing of rectangles

From: Parker, Matthew
Subject: RE: Speeding up the editing of rectangles
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:33:45 -0400

> Subject: Re: Speeding up the editing of rectangles
>
> On Oct 9, 10:37 pm, "Parker, Matthew" <MPar...@seic.com> wrote:
> > I'll answer my own question... M-x cua-mode
> >
> > Nice demo herehttp://www.vimeo.com/1168225?pg=embed&sec=1168225
> >
> > Sorry, Shoulda googled it...! :)
> >
> > Matthew Parker
>
> Thanks thats a useful mode.
> But I tried it and there seems to be a small bug (or of course an
> error in my understanding)
>
> If I am in cua-mode and I hit C-Enter, emacs enters column editing
> mode.
> Also the echo area shows:
> C-?: help M-p: pad M-o open etc etc
>
> Now if I do a C-h c on one of these keys the column editing mode shuts
> off!

C-h c, ? (describe-key-briefly) may not work here...

There is documentation describing column editing here...

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/CUA-Bindings.html

Also, if you type C-? (that is C + SHIFT + /), at any time that a rectangle is
active, then you'll get that same list of options...