Re: split screen horizontally into three equally spaced sections

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: split screen horizontally into three equally spaced sections
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:04:37 +0200

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

> when it comes to more complex things then I definitively prefer
> bundling. Remember that complexity tends to grow exponentially with the
> number of involved things.

Exactly.  If two things are tied-together, there are more things
involved.  If they are separate, complexity is actually reduced.

We're talking about slightly different things, I think.  When there are
real dependencies, I don't mind packaging.  It's a sane choice in
absence of package management.  But many packages have artificial
dependencies that wouldn't have to exist.

I don't know about your package, so I don't want to make any
assumptions.  But, for example, ECB can only reasonably used with the
included (brain-dead) window management.  There is no way to just use
the (excellent) class browser.  That's a serious restriction...

It seems that winsize is optional, as well as separately usable.  I don't
mind that they're in the same zip file.  I just think that bundling
generally increases the risk that they needlessly get tangled together.
I hope that doesn't happen.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher