Re: Emacs as C IDE

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Emacs as C IDE
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 18:26:45 +0200

    Lave> There is a project called ECB. Maybe that's what you want. But I never
    Lave> used it, so can't give other advice.

    Lave> http://ecb.sourceforge.net/

Yep, that's the one you should have a look at. It makes use of CEDET:

     http://cedet.sourceforge.net/

("a collection of tools written with the end goal of creating an advanced
development environment in Emacs")

For finding your way through the code, I still use Cscope under Emacs:

    http://cscope.sourceforge.net/

Alternatively, GNU Global is quite useful and has an Emacs front end, too.

              http://www.gnu.org/software/global/

              http://home.tiscali.de/mgidde/source/xgtags.el

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www.withouthat.org/~toto/contact.html

Cats, as a rule, don't like lawyers. They have great insight into
human character.

Friedman, Kinky (1993), Greenwich Killing Time. New York (Wings
Books), 48