Re: Emacs, oldsters, newbiness

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs, oldsters, newbiness
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:21:19 +0200

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Paul R <paul.r.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, the content in EmacsWiki is very valuable. Yet, I undertand there
> is room for improvement for finding documentation, and putting in in
> shape to ease learning. But the most we talk about it, the more
> I think it would be best as a separate project, working
> collaboratively with emacswiki, picking some precious informations and
> putting them in shape to provide information in a more comprehensive
> shape for external readers.

I think some people call that second project "Emacs" ;-)

Why not work on improving the documentation inside the Emacs project
along those lines? Or is there some problem doing that? Even if most
of the documentation in Emacs are in Info format there are links to
other documentation too, in html format.