Re: Refill mode for text-mode, but not for org-mode

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: Refill mode for text-mode, but not for org-mode
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:21:30 -0400

Decebal <CLDWesterhof@gmail.com> writes:

I have the following in my .emacs:
    (add-hook 'text-mode-hook
      (lambda () (refill-mode 1)
      )

This sets refill-mode for text-mode -what I want-, but also for
org-
mode -what I do not want-. How can I set it for text-mode
without also
setting it for org-mode?

I used to bind refill-mode to my F-12 key. It's a toggle. Helpful when you're switching between modes. Any shortcut would be fine, though.

Being a writer I've changed to longlines-mode now. As I recall, I had to change some setting in org-mode to make longlines-mode work correctly. Seems like org-mode truncates lines by default to make its math tables work better. I use org-mode more like an improved organizer-mode to hide chunks of notes.

Now my F-12 toggle is set for longlines-mode for those times when the commands need to work on the whole line.

I'm only throwing out the longlines option because I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to know about it.

Rod