Re: flyspell-mode -- external localwords defitions?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: flyspell-mode -- external localwords defitions?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:04:55 -0600

Joe Casadonte wrote:
I have a set of files that I would like to have share a common set of
localworlds.  It's a pain to keep copying them around from one file to
the next; is there an existing way to have an external localwords
definition?

Here's what I came up with (untested):

(defvar ispell-external-local-words-file-name nil
  "If non-nil, a file containing words to accept in the current buffer.
See `ispell-words-keyword'.")

(defadvice flyspell-process-localwords (around external-local-words
                                               activate)
  "Visit `ispell-external-local-words-file-name' to find the words."
  (if ispell-external-local-words-file-name
      (save-current-buffer
        (set-buffer (find-file-noselect ispell-external-local-words-file-name))
        ad-do-it)
    ad-do-it))

--
Kevin Rodgers