Re: Emacs, oldsters, newbiness

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Emacs, oldsters, newbiness
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:25:07 +0100

   Hello Lennart,

   Lennart> I think some people call that second project "Emacs" ;-)

   Lennart> Why not work on improving the documentation inside the Emacs
   Lennart> project along those lines? Or is there some problem doing
   Lennart> that? Even if most of the documentation in Emacs are in Info
   Lennart> format there are links to other documentation too, in html
   Lennart> format.

   For users, Emacs documentation state is bound to an emacs release.
   This documentation can't change between release, that is why this
   project would have slighlty different goal.
   But I agree, the flow of information could be :

    EmacsWiki ----> Online emacs documentation portal ----> Emacs Info

I pretty like this idea. We would have to get tag support in
emacswiki to ease information retrieval process. I hope we could
make this happen with the help of the emacswiki community.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org