Re: how to deal with comment in a new lang mode

From: rgb
Subject: Re: how to deal with comment in a new lang mode
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:19:22 -0800 (PST)

> PS is there a command to compact the ending parens?
>
>   Xah
> \xAD\xF4http://xahlee.org/

When I work on code I like the closing parens to line up below the
matching open paren.
So I wrote a patch to calculate-lisp-indent that puts a closing paren
in the 'correct' column.

Then, because most people don't like all those closing parens on lines
by themselves, I wrote 2 other functions.

expand-trailing-parens & collect-trailing-parens

I think you want the collect-trailing-parens function but you might
like the expand function sometimes too.

There are no interdependencies so just grab whichever you like from my
wikki page.
These are about half way down the page.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Rick_Bielawski