Re: puzzled with load-path entries - where do they come from when .emac

From: Mirko
Subject: Re: puzzled with load-path entries - where do they come from when .emacs is empty?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:33:19 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 10, 1:59 pm, Mirko <mvuko...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 12:10 pm, Mirko <mvuko...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I am using emacs 22.1 on windows & I am puzzled with the components of
> > load-path: where are they coming from:
>
> > Even if I completely comment out all of my .emacs, and my
> > EMACSLOADPATH is empty, when I start up emacs, my load-path is full of
> > stuff: slime, planner, muse, auctex,... that I use.  But since I
> > commented all of the code in .emacs where did that stuff come from?
> > Again, my .emacs is completely commented out.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Mirko
>
> As additional info, here is my *Message* buffer
> ("E:\\program-files\\emacs-22.1\\bin\\emacs.exe" "--debug-init")
> (source)...done
> Entering debugger...
>
> Emacs is loading auctex' tex-site.  No idea why.
>
> Also, I checked, and there is no ~/.emacs.elc file.
>
> Still puzzled,
>
> Mirko

I found site-lisp/site-start.d with auctex.el and preview-latex.el.
That explains the auctex message during startup.  But still no clue as
to where load-path gets preloaded.

Actually, could it be that emacs populates load-path automatically
based on the contents of the site-lisp directory?  That would explain
everything.

Thanks to all that helped :-)

Mirko