Describe current keymap

From: Will
Subject: Describe current keymap
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:48:48 +0100

Hi,

I am working over a ssh console/X-Window with a Linux server from several clients with different keyboards and with different OS's. Therefore, special characters are located on varying keys. As I am always working with the remote emacs clients I wonder whether Emacs knows about this issues and can describe the current keyboard layout, e.g. similar to <quail-show-keyboard-layout> (not working).

Thanks in advance,

Will