Re: emacs mode line suggestions

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: emacs mode line suggestions
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:46:12 +0100

Hello,

>>> Sometimes when such buffer is used as a scratch, programer
>>> may have more than one lang inserted into it, and may switch
>>> to different mode for the right syntax coloring.
>>
>> Is this frequent usage? I never use Emacs like that, but
>> that's me.
>
> "Here documents" inside shell scripts bug me, but I never
> change modes to get them to fontify and indent right. It would
> be great to have a solid "multiple mode" working (hi,
> Lennart!).

Wat I personally do, in such cases, and because I don't have any
better solution (multiple major modes?) yet, is:

    o   narrow my buffer (`C-x n n') to the code of the "here
        document",
    o   change the major mode,
    o   update my code, and
    o   widen back my buffer (`C-x n w').

Though, I'd be interested as well by smarter solutions than this
one...

Best regards,
  Fabrice

Fabrice Niessen