Byte-compiled elisp libraries on different platforms

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Byte-compiled elisp libraries on different platforms
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:47:54 +0200

I keep my emacs configuration in a git repository. There are also some
elisp libaries (cedet/nxml/ etc etc) that are in that repository. Most
of these libaries have been byte compiled in GNU Emacs 22.

I'd like to be able to use this repository on multiple machines,
specifically:
Ubuntu Linux (x86) running GNU Emacs 23
OS X (intel) running Aquamacs - GNU Emacs 22
Opensolaris (sparc64) running GNU Emacs 22

Does platform matter for byte-compiled .elc's? What about GNU Emacs 22
vs 23?

Regards,
Jonathan