Re: wikipedia's (ascii) math notation? emacs easy-way to translate it?

From: djcb
Subject: Re: wikipedia's (ascii) math notation? emacs easy-way to translate it?
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:50:30 +0200

Hi David,

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, David Combs wrote:

> I see this stuff in math articles in wikipedia -- uses some kind
> of ascii math-notation.  What is it?
>
> (What is math-ML?  Is that it?)
>
> Anyway, sure looks not fun to enter it by hand -- is there an
> emacs .el-file that makes it all simple?

Lucky you! I just released texdrive:
http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/texdrive

It's an emacs minor mode that let's you enter formulae in TeX-notation,
and it will generate PNGs from them.

This is similar to Wikipedia and some other wikis do.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema             <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl>
             http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/
PGP: D09C E664 897D 7D39 5047 A178 E96A C7A1 017D DA3C