dmacro with emacs22 problem

From: Stephen Burke
Subject: dmacro with emacs22 problem
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:29:56 -0600

Can anyone tell me who maintains the Dmacro package.  I'm having a
problem running it on my setup.  My steps to reproduce the problem are
below.  Any help would be appreciated or if someone could point me to
the right mailing list that would be great.  Thanks.

I'm trying to run through the dmacros tutorial and I'm running into a
problem when I try & build a macro.  Here are the steps I'm trying to
do.

Ubuntu 8.10
Emacs22 (nothing in my .emacs file related to dmacro or loading packages)
dmacro v2.5

1.  Unpacked dmacro.tar.gz into ~/dmacro
2.  emacs
3.  M-x load-file ENT dm-c.el ENT
4.  C-u M-x dmacro-build ENT
5.  I type in the name of my macro hit ENT.
6.  Then I get an error saying "Wrong type argument:  stringp, custom-loads"

I tested this sequence in Emacs 21 and it seemed to work fine.  Am I
missing something in my install or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Steve