universal-coding-system-argument error in Dired

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: universal-coding-system-argument error in Dired
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:48:37 +0400

With all relatively recent versions of CVS Emacs ( I get the
error every time I run C-x RET c followed by
dired-advertised-find-file (RET in dired buffer):

universal-coding-system-argument: Wrong type argument: characterp, return

It happens even when Emacs is started as 'emacs -Q'. Other commands,
like dired-find-file, dired-find-alternate-file or just find-file work
OK. Has something gone wrong with dired-advertised-find-file? Any way
to fix it?

With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev

Russian history blog: