Re: StumpWM and Gnome

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: StumpWM and Gnome
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:10:28 -0600

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:15:46 +0100 Sébastien Vauban
<zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com> wrote:

SV> I read things about StumpWM with a lot of interest for some
SV> time, now. I would like to give it a try, but I fear I would
SV> miss windows and icons.

SV> So, my question is: under Ubuntu, is it possible to have both
SV> StumpWM *and* Gnome, and have a convenient way to switch between
SV> both -- so I sometimes can learn with the StumpWM, and sometimes
SV> (when I'm in a hurry) work efficiently with what I better know
SV> (Gnome)?

SV> Any hints on how to do this?

Note you can use
nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.comp.window-managers.stumpwm.devel or the
mailing list that it tracks to ask StumpWM questions.

You are looking for this in ~/.gnomerc:

export WINDOW_MANAGER=/home/tzz/source/stumpwm/stumpwm

leave it unset to use the regular WM.

Ted