Re: automatic dired update

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: automatic dired update
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:05:50 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone know how to make dired auto-refresh?
For example, i have a dired buffer of dir xyz buried somewhere.
Then, i renamed some files in OS's Desktop.
Then, when i switch to dir xyz in emacs, i wish to see the updated
list without me having to type g to refresh.

originally i thought just some hook... something like

(add-hook 'dired-load-hook
'revert-buffer
)

but when actually trying to do it, apparently not that simple.
I thought it must be some function or variable that tells me when
buffer display is switched or updated... can't locate it.

Thanks.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄