Re: shell-command parameters

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: shell-command parameters
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 16:45:30 +0100

rustom wrote:
On Jan 6, 7:29 pm, Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
rustom wrote:
But I still wonder what shell is running in windows emacs?
,----[ C-h v shell-file-name RET ]
| shell-file-name is a variable defined in `src/callproc.c'.
| Its value is "/bin/bash"

Thanks. Thats the variable I was looking for.
It turns out to be /path/to/emacs/bin/cmdproxy.exe
Changing it to c:/cygwin/bin/bash.exe makes it work as expected (by a
unix user)

I wonder does emacs go out of its way to make life difficult for a
windows user?  MS does a good job of this without help from emacs :-)
I mean 'cmd' has one expected behavior; shell has another. Why make
the 'shell' variable point to a cmd imitation?

(Sorry to grumble)

Is it possible to remember the calls to these shell calls (made with
M-!) across emacs invocations -- the way bash remembers?

savehist-mode

?

-ap