Re: doc-view zoom level

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view zoom level
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:00:26 +0100

Nurullah Akkaya <nurullah.akkaya@blooby.com> writes:

Hi Nurullah,

> I am trying to read pdf's using doc-view. It is working great

I'm happy to hear that!

> but i can not figure out how to zoom in on the document.

Normally you just have to hit `+' to zoom in and `-' to zoom out.  This
will modify the -r parameter (`doc-view-resolution') and reconvert the
images.

> i want to create the png's with bigger fonts. if it is possible. i
> tried different -r options as stated in the documentation without any
> luck.

Hm, strange.  Could you please try the conversion in a shell?  I suspect
that your GhostScript somehow ignores the -r option.  The command is:

  $ gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=png16m -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dBATCH \
       -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dQUIET -r100 -sOutputFile=test.png \
       my-doc.pdf

Please try that with different -r values, maybe 50 and 150 and see if
the resolutions of the images differ or if gs prints some helpful
messages.

I use GPL Ghostscript 8.63 here which works just fine.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
VI VI VI - The Roman Number Of The Beast