Re: binding a key for keyword completion in all modes

From: David Golden
Subject: Re: binding a key for keyword completion in all modes
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 03:01:45 +0000

Xah Lee wrote:

> (i don't want to have emacs override that)
>
> What i have always been doing is pressing Esc then Tab, but that is
> really annoying, especially if you use this often.
>
> How do you solve this?

On my own systems I use super-tab for app switching* and therefore let
emacs have alt-tab, but on occasion it helps to know that C-M-i
typically works the same in emacs - C-i being conventionally a tab
character of course, but OS / window manager level stuff tends not to
grab it like the tab key.

* I tend to place "system-wide" window manager shortcuts consistently on
super-<something> rather than the horrible defaults that can get in the
way of emacs use.