Re: Printing with emacs: Not working

From: DaveLG526
Subject: Re: Printing with emacs: Not working
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:44:25 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 2:37 am, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:40:21 +0100
> > From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borg...@gmail.com>
> > Cc: help-gnu-em...@gnu.org
>
> > > You have to set the value of "printer-name"
>
> > That does not necessarily help.
>
> But does not necessarily fail, either.  No need to discourage a fellow
> Emacs users before they even tried.

Thanks for all the good suggestions and different ways to attack the
issue. I will be trying them out over the weekend. I have downloaded
and installed all the ghostscript etc files but the  web browser
method seems attractive as it seem simple. It would probably also work
on both a Windows (XP and Vista) as well as my Ubunto netbook.

One other question. When you need to set the value of "printer name"
where does one find the "printer name" in windows XP. Is it the name
given to the printer in the Windows XP printer control panel or the
Port Name in the printers Advanced properties menu.

Regards..Dave