Re: latex emacs config for viewing pdf without auctex

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: latex emacs config for viewing pdf without auctex
Date: 5 Apr 2009 01:15:10 +0200

Fdfdfd Fdfdfd <landau82@yahoo.fr> writes:

> I've searching for a long time but didn't find out how to bind the
> key sequence C-c C-v
> with adobe acrobat pdf reader (C-c C-c launches pdflatex) instead of
> the default dvi viewer.
>
> So the question is what do I need to put in my .emacs file to do the
> job ?

It's a little more complex than a simple keybinding. Launch the
following command:

M-x customize-variable RET TeX-output-view-style RET

In the block starting with the line:

INS DEL Extension: ^pdf$

replace the value of the Command-line with:

acroread %o

That's the command for starting Acrobat Reader under Linux. If you are
under Windows or Mac the command might be different, I don't know.

Anyway, you don't have to hit C-c C-v to view your output. C-c C-c
automatically suggests to start the viewer if you haven't changed your
tex-file after the last LaTeX run. All you ever need is C-c C-c. You can
toggle between creating a dvi or a pdf output (i.e. a latex run or a
pdflatex run) by hitting C-c C-t C-p. The view-style will also change
automatically.

Hope it helps

Sven
--