Re: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:48:06 +0200

Am 09.04.2009 um 09:30 schrieb Nick Roberts:

I think if you find a way to filter out the ^M characters in the output of Gdb, then breakpoints will also work in the margin. That presumably has something to do with the way Cocoa Emacs interprets line endings.

I don't think it's a problem of "Cocoa Emacs" (or Emacs.app – it has just a different, a Mac OS X native clothing), I'm seeing a similar problem with Perl in the X client version. Apple's Gdb and Perl obviously are in a Mac OS X mode, meaning that they use CR or ^M as line ending. Wouldn't a change of the buffer's encoding solve the problem? (Could be set up automatically if successful.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler.
                                – Albert Einstein