Re: Working with different projects in Emacs

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: Working with different projects in Emacs
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:30:15 +0200

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> [Sorry for earlier post without content]
> If I have the line
> (setq vps-project-dir "~/.emacs.d/.emacs_vps")

You don't really have to change the vps-project-dir. It just the
location of the cached filelists, tags files, etc.

But it should be OK to change it.

> in my vps setup
> I get File /home/siva/.emacs.d/.emacs_vps/Org.tags is not a valid tags
> table
> when I try to do vps-change-project
>
> It seems to work if vps-project-dir is not set

Whenever I see "not a valid tags table" it is because I have generated
a TAGS file in a format that emacs does not understand.

So maybe you managed to build TAGS files with Exhuberant tags(*)
(without the -e option) when vps-project-dir had the first value,
changed vps-project-dir and then you did something that generates
proper emacs tags files.

If you the delete  ~/.emacs.d/.emacs_vps and set vps-project-dir to
~/.emacs.d/.emacs_vps again it would probably work. But if it works
there is not much gained in changing anything.

(*) http://ctags.sourceforge.net/ctags.html

--
Vagn Johansen