Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:06:43 -0700 (PDT)

On 13 апр, 01:29, Nikolaj Schumacher <m...@nschum.de> wrote:
> It might be a long shot, but it sounds like you're talking about
> this:http://nschum.de/src/emacs/test-case-mode/

Yes, this looks like what I see! However, in my Emacs the octagon
appears for example in AucTeX buffers, which has nothing to do with
unit tests...

>From some experiments, I now think that the octagon is somehow related
to the file VCS (version control systems) status. A clarification from
Emacs developers would be nice. Every time I see a red octagon I get
worried subconsciously :-/

Andrey Paramonov