Re: Annotating Info Pages?

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Annotating Info Pages?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:06:39 -0400

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

    Hello Everyone,

    I understand that there's a way to bookmark an info file so that I can
    easily reference things that interest me later on.  Is there also a
    way to annotate info files such that I add my own little notes along
    the way in a browsable or at least visible fashion from within the
    Info file?

    Thanks in advance!

While doing `e' in an *info* buffer and installing ipa.el are something
to look into, Bookmarks is part of Emacs and does a simple job in a
single separate .emacs.bmk file, or as many .bmk files as you'd like to
have.  Bookmarks may also be annotated.

I'm interested in why ipa.el is preferable to Bookmarks.