Re: extract lines with regexp

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: extract lines with regexp
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 15:33:52 +0200

no-toppost@motz.invalid writes:
>  I've found the powerfull: ^c h i leading to a massive verbose info,
>  but can't find how to enter the: edit-eval-print cycle from emacs.

Basically, in all modes (but some, where it's redefined),
eval-last-sexp is bound to C-x C-e

You may use the *scratch* buffer, put it in the emacs-lisp-mode (M-x
emacs-lisp-mode RET) and edit some emacs lisp forms, then move the
cursor after the form you want to eval and type C-u C-x C-e  to get
the result inserted at the point. (C-x C-e will display the results in
the mini-buffer).

Now, if you want a REPL for emacs lisp, you may launch it with M-x ielm RET

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__