Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows

From: Chris Withers
Subject: Re: remote file editing over ssh with emacs 22.3.1 on Windows
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 18:41:38 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Maybe it does, but please report any problems you find in the pretest
with "M-x report-emacs-bug RET".  That way, they get filed with the
Emacs bug-tracker, and there are chances they will be fixed before
Emacs 23.1 is released.

Done for the tab completion issue.

on the remote system? I need to do this
to edit a lot of the files I'd want to fiddle with...

There's the "sudo" method supported by Tramp.  See the node "Inline
methods" in the Tramp manual (which is part of Emacs 23).

Hmmm, my emacs fu is weak.... I found the bit in the manual but it didn't help me...

What do I actually type to sudo to a different user when opening a file on a remote system?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk