Re: pretty-layout in html-mode

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: pretty-layout in html-mode
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:58:09 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:
tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
I don't know at the moment how to pipe a region through an external
process, but that should be feasible. Xmllint does a nice job at what
you are trying:

  xmllint --html --format <your html file here>

Maybe others could chime in as to how one could pass the region (or the
whole buffer) through an external program?

I'm hoping for something internal to emacs as, for tedious but unchangeable reasons, I'm stuck running on Windows...

Chris

If the external program can be invoked as a standard filter then M-| (shell-command-on-region) might work. I ran it with sort and a sorted region was written to a new *Shell Command Output* buffer.

Ed