Re: Fast emacs?

From: Dirk-Jan C. Binnema
Subject: Re: Fast emacs?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:43:53 +0300

> > Note that using the emacsclient is no solution, because this requires
> > that a version of Emacs be already running, which often defeats
> > the purpose (not only do I have to wait another eternity for this
> > new Emacs session to start, but then I have to start the server in
> > the new session).

Well, maybe you'd need to take another look at emacs --daemon ;-) I have
run it when my (X) *session* starts (no need for tricks to put it in
system startup scripts). Emacs starts within a cpl of seconds (1000 line
.emacs).

Then for the rest of the day I use emacsclient -c; lightning fast.

With emacs --daemon all the trimming, autoloading etc becomes much less
important.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb@djcbsoftware.nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl