Re: mmm-mode/html-mode/php-mode issues

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: mmm-mode/html-mode/php-mode issues
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:52:55 +0200

In article
<e01d8a50905221605g3078862bt2d1bd03ec4bb1699@mail.gmail.com>,
 Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@users.sf.net> wrote:
> > I don't really want to use mumamo/nX*.
>
> Why? If you happen to change your mind I have just uploaded the
> probably last beta 1.77 of nXhtml.

It's slow, very slow compared to html-mode, which is the mayor problem.

I had trouble editing html templates, and/or pseudo-html files where the
html is interspersed with non-html code. Overall mumamo/nXhtml has
*tons* of features which I would simply turn off.

This is not a critique to nXhtml, it's just that I want basic
font-locking with indent for 99% of the files I work with, and html-mode
is much more than enough.

I just want to understand why php-mode is behaving badly here.

Can I use *just* mumamo and use html-mode with php as a submode? I
somewhat tried months ago, but it seemed that mumamo was always loading
nXhtml. I would happily replace mmm-mode if I could.

Thanks