Re: MacOS NS Build -- open -a emacs failing

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: MacOS NS Build -- open -a emacs failing
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 00:52:56 +0200

Am 28.05.2009 um 16:25 schrieb Alberto Simões:

Last night I did a cvs update, recompiled, installed, and now, 'open
-a emacs file' is not working. I notice the menu bar changing to
Emacs, but it goes out again without further error notice.

So there is something in your init file that makes it quit ...

You can launch as: /Applications/ Emacs --debug-init <optional other arguments> &

This will allow you to debug your init files.

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                – Hunter S. Thompson