Re: cygwin+imagemagick+emacsW32 causes Windows Vista to report program

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: cygwin+imagemagick+emacsW32 causes Windows Vista to report program crash
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:13:43 +0200

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Xah Lee<xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:
> got a very odd problem that's driving me nuts.
>
> in cygwin prompt, i can call one of imagemagick's command and get
> result.
>
> However, while in emacsw32 shell, identical call results Windows Vista
> poppig up a window telling me some app crashed.
>
> Anyone got some idea what's wrong?

Different paths. At the cygwin prompt you have imagemagick's
convert.exe first in path.

At a cmd prompt you by default have windows convert.exe in the path.
(There is a which utility you can get from gnuwin32.)

So I do not think this is related to EmacsW32. If it is then please
give me more information.