Re: key map entry for shift-return?

From: Chris Withers
Subject: Re: key map entry for shift-return?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:51:29 +0100

Peter Dyballa wrote:

C-h k says translated, so it is able to distinguish in this environment. And it also tells you one possible syntax form: S-return. You can also try to interactively bind the key and then by executing C-x ESC ESC (repeat-complex-command) you can review what was executed.

So you can use:

    (global-set-key [S-return]     'some-function)

Well, I now have the following in my .emacs:

(add-hook 'python-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key python-mode-map "\C-m" 'newline-and-indent)))

(add-hook 'python-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key python-mode-map "S-return" 'newline)))

The first one works, the second one doesn't. What did I do wrong?