Framesize problems under KDE4

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Framesize problems under KDE4
Date: 5 Aug 2009 10:22:38 +0200

Hi Emacsers

KDE 4 (Jaunty) causes problems in accepting frame-sizes when emacsclient
is started with (set-frame-height). While starting, the new frame
appears in the correct size for half a second, then KDE seems to take
over and maximizes the frame.

I use icons/keys pointing to scripts like this one to start a small
emacsclient which I use for quick notes or emails while working with
other programs:

#!/bin/bash
emacsclient.emacs-snapshot -c -e "(set-frame-height (selected-frame)
18)" -e '(set-default-font
"-Adobe-Courier-Medium-R-Normal--14-140-75-75-M-90-ISO8859-1")' -e
"(ibuffer)"

It's working fine under GNOME. KDE, however, insists on starting the
frame maximized. Usually I have one or two maximized frames open to do
my ordinary Emacs work. And this seems to confuse KDE, it seems to have
a "memory" for that.

This is surely a KDE problem. So, this is not the optimal group for that
question. But hopefully somebody faced the same problem and can give me
a hint.

Thanks

Sven

--