Re: About file saving

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: About file saving
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:08:17 +0200

At Wed, 5 Aug 2009 01:46:48 -0700 (PDT),
ibear <address@hidden> wrote:
> emacs (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600), build by myself under windows
> xp
> In a folder there is a file "", and I want to save the buffer
> to a new file "XXX.ab"
> so I press C-x C-w and input the string "XXX.ab" and press RET, emacs
> autocomplete the "XXX.ab" to "" and just save the buffer to
> "" not "XXX.ab"!
> Why?

Are you using ido-mode? Well, I do. You should be able to save it to
XXX.ab if you use C-j instead of RET, then. The whole point of
ido-mode is that you shouldn't need to type in complete filenames, so
it makes sense to pick the best match on RET.

Anselm Helbig