Re: Diary insert date formatting-continued!

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Diary insert date formatting-continued!
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:21:32 -0700

I sent this yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have appeared, so here it
is again. Beyond this, I'm afraid we are into "it works for me"
territory.

I wrote:

> The following assumes Emacs 23...

Here is the version for Emacs 22, which you seem (?) to be using.

(defun my-diary-insert-entry (arg)
  "See `insert-diary-entry'."
  (interactive "P")
  (let ((calendar-date-display-form
         '((if dayname
               (concat dayname " "))
           monthname " " day ", " year)))
    (make-diary-entry (calendar-date-string (calendar-cursor-to-date t) t)
                    arg)))

[The other pieces are unchanged from the Emacs 23 version originally
posted.]