Re: .emacs file

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: .emacs file
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 01:00:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 11, 11:16 am, David Moncrieff <moncrief...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone direct me to information concerning ".emacs" file, in
> particular I am trying to find the location of said file under Windows
> Vista.  I'm currently using emacs 22.3 under windows vista.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

could be several places.

On Windows, here are possible locations:

C:/Users/xah/AppData/Roaming/
C:/Users/xah/
C:/cygwin/home/xah/

in general, it is at your OS's env variable HOME.

if you don't have HOME set,

for how to set env var on Windows, see top of:

• Using PowerShell to Manage Environment Variables
  http://xahlee.org/powershell/environment_variables.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/