Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please
Date: 23 Aug 2009 10:50:05 GMT

rpd wrote:
> As can be seen I have several repeat lines of code here (several commented
> out) but no matter what combination I use I cannot get to view .doc files
> (usually getting the error msg I give below).
> When I try loading no-word.el it still doesn't work- I get a command in
> minibuffer about coding(default)

which, from the looks of it, is exactly what is expected: no-word is by default
configured to ask you for an encoding.

> & if I [ret] then I get this error msg:
>
> 'antiword' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

this is not an emacs error but an error from the DOS command shell. it means
that the antiword executable cannot be found. since no-word doesn't allow you to
customize this location (which is a bug, if you ask me) you'll either have to
modify the code or (easier) put the antiword executable in your $PATH.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)