Re: Using javac with Emacs

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: Using javac with Emacs
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:26:08 +0200

At Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:59:51 +0200,
Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

> Anselm Helbig <anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > What does M-: (executable-find "javac") give you?
> This command seems not to work on my (however standard) Emacs.

What do you mean, it doesn't work? And what's a standard emacs,
anyway? GNU Emacs? What version?

> However, I can still do ESC ! to type a shell command, but it is
> tedious.
> > Compare the output
> > of M-x show-variable<RET>exec-path<RET> with echo $PATH in your
> > shell.
> $ echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games

So what's the output of M-x show-variable <RET> exec-path <RET> ?

> Shouldn't I add some lines to this?

Not necessarily. What does

    which javac

on the shell give you? Which is roughly equivalent to the
executable-find function I asked you to call before, btw.

> > Do you start emacs from your shell?
> Yes.

Hm, strange.

--